Electronic Access To Securities Information
The evolution of the Indian capital market has seen several enhancements during the past few years and this has been a result of innovative use of newer technologies. In the reduced settlement cycle era, investors require updated demat account information at a much faster pace than ever before. In other words, the quest for account status information has risen manifold.
In order to assist a CDSL demat account holder to easily adapt to the fast reducing settlement cycle, CDSL has introduced easi, its Internet-enabled services to empower a demat account holder in managing his securities ‘anytime-anywhere’ in an efficient and convenient manner, all in a state-of-the-art secure environment.
easi, which enables a ‘Demat Account Holder or Beneficial Owner’ (BO) / ‘Broker or Clearing Member’ (CM) to view the holdings and transactions.
1. What is easi?
easi (electronic access to securities information) is a convenient, easy to operate internet based facility, which allows registered Beneficial Owners (BOs) & Clearing Members (CMs) to access their demat account through the internet to check the details of their holdings and/or transactions,anytime anywhere, through CDSL’s website www.cdslindia.com.
2. What are the benefits of easi to BOs?
- Viewing and printing details of holdings and/or transactions for last 7 days in their account.
- Viewing and printing the valuation of holdings in their demat account based on the previous day’s closing price on BSE.
- Viewing multiple demat accounts through a single login id.
- Monitoring corporate announcements related to the securities, held in their demat account. A BO also has the additional option to add upto 25 ISINs not held in their demat account, but wishes to monitor corporate announcements for such ISINs.
3. What are the benefits of easi to CMs?
- Viewing and printing of holdings of the securities held in their settlement accounts along with the valuation as per the previous days closing price on BSE.
- Viewing and printing the status of their transactions and also the pay-in and pay-out positions along with the shortages for any given settlement.
- Downloading holding and/or transaction details to update their backoffice.
- Monitoring corporate announcements for the securities, held in their demat accounts. A CM also has the additional option to add upto 25 ISINs not held in their demat account, but wishes to monitor corporate announcements for such ISINs.
4. Can all BOs/CMs use this facility?
Yes, this facility is available to all BOs and CMs.
5. Can I monitor corporate announcements for the shares in my demat account through my easi?
Yes, you can monitor corporate announcements for the securities held in your demat account through your easi login. You can also add ISINs not held in your demat account, but wish to monitor corporate announcements for such ISINs.
Register now for easi at www.cdslindia.com & experience the convenience of demat at your fingertips.